May 24, 2017
It’s okay if you don’t like me,
I’m gonna love you anyway.
Life is supposed to be filled with contrast to help us experience life fully.
You know how it goes;
– We need to experience pain to understand and appreciate pleasure.
– We need to experience sorrow so we can fully appreciate joy.
– We need the bad to understand and appreciate the good.
– Without the darkness we would not understand and recognize the light, blah, blah, blah.
– There had to be Trump so we could appreciate, well, every other politician in this part of the world.
We need to have people come into our lives that dislike us, challenge us, see the world through different eyes and have different tastes and opinions. These people are important because they make us think and motivate us to stay on our path or sometimes change our path. Without them, we could not fully appreciate the people that do “get us”, are like minded and bring us joy.
So, it’s OK if you don’t like me, I’ll love you anyway because I’m grateful for the experience, the lessons and the diversity you bring into my life.
Without you, I wouldn’t fully appreciate me.
Toni O’Keeffe ~ The Whimsey Angel