If you could talk to your younger self, what advice would you give her/him?
Really? What would you say?
My advice to little Toni might be;
– You have a gift, find it then use it to make the world a better place.
– Be kind. Be grateful.
– Anger is a waste of time, energy and a peaceful mind.
– Boys are fun, but you deserve to be somebody’s first choice.
– You don’t like oysters, so don’t even go there.
– The secret to happiness is that there is no secret, happiness is a choice,
– Express your feelings; say I love you, say you’re sorry.
– Live up to your own expectations, not the expectations others have of you.
– Don’t be afraid to speak or write your truth.
– Forgive yourself when you make mistakes.
– Forgive others when they make mistakes.
– Listen to your soul, that’s the voice that is curious, hopeful and seeking purpose and meaning.
– Turn down the volume on the voice of your ego, that’s the voice that worries about what others think, that judges, is materialistic, its the voice that will get you into trouble.
– Take care of your mind, your body and your spirit, because you’ve got a lot of ground to cover, the journey will be so much better if you “stay well”.
– Lemon gin is bad (very bad).
– You’ve got a bit of a gypsy soul, embrace it.
– You are allowed to love and be proud of yourself.
– When you’re lucky enough to be a Mom, spend lots of time with your children, holding them, playing with them, letting them know they are loved.
– Nurture your relationships with family and friends.
– Take care of the planet and the other living creatures on it.
– Take care of those that can’t take care of themselves.
– All those vinyl records you’re going to amass in your teens, hang on to them.
– If it doesn’t feel right, DON’T do it.
– Go see the world.
– Just chill, its all going to go by so fast so enjoy the ride.
– Your parents are so much more amazing than you might give them credit for. Listen to them. Appreciate them while they’re here.
– Don’t give up on jello, eventually you’ll get it right.
– Go outside and play often, even in the rain, especially in the rain ❤️
No matter how old you are today, you’ll be older tomorrow. So my darling, its never too late, to take your own advice.
TO’K ~ 🌹❤️